Preserve information could be a shared business service in companies that would differ from Store information by a certain number of methods of organization and added-values services.
This service would be considered by all applications producing information as a unified base frame, a technical unit responsible for structuring information, the sustainability over time and access management.
The development of centralized Policies, consistent, easy to deploy and maintain could be a huge advantage and a cure for recurrent headaches that are the accumulation of information, the chaotic management of operational risks, the poor dissemination of knowledge and the lack of Governance.
Having a single preservation system regardless of the nature of the information (documents or data) and whatever their origin (Accounting, HR, Business Applications, Production Process, Back-office, ERP, Messaging, Content Management, scientific and technical applications, …), eliminating the need to constantly reinvent Application by Application (and more or less elsewhere) everything about:
- Classification of information according to business logic
- Management of access rights to information, confidentiality and sharing
- Operational risk management including both the availability of information that the management of litigation (management of evidence)
- Supervision of the information lifecycle from creation to disposal (Records Management)
- Resource management: organization, optimization and storage management, continuity in the event of incidents, performance
Arcsys was designed around the concept of technical base repository for all corporate information. It offers the following features :
- Taking into account business through policy requirements which are as many levels of service (management of rights and Roles, Administration, storage and protection of information, classification Plans, Risk management and litigation)
- Open interfaces (Multiple connectors, Injectors, WebServices) with producing Documents and data upstream Applications
- A technical infrastructure reliable, robust, redundant, high-performance and geo-dispersible
- A rapid return on investment by streamlining technical infrastructure, eliminating hidden costs of administration, centralization of management methods